June BOSSLAB events

Avery louie

Jun 8, 2014, 9:23:19 PM6/8/14

Hey folks!

I am excited to invite you to Bosslab this June for our first biotech 101 class of the summer, and our first-ever bosslab arduino class!  These classes are aimed at first-timers no biotech and biohacking, and at people with no lab or electronics experience.  The goal of the classes is to inspire you and get you hacking at the BOSSLAB!  Also, JOIN OUR MEETUP GROUP!

Biotech 101: June 14,15 2-7 pm: $125
http://www.meetup.com/Open-Science-hands-on-learning-BossLab/events/186996292/
An introduction to biology! No matter what you want to do, this is a great introduction to biology.  This is a two day crash course in aseptic technique, genetic modifications, and some basic analytic techniques.  Each person will have their own lab station with pipettor, tips, and gel box!  For this reason, the class is capped at 5 people.

Arduinos for biology : June 16, 18, 20 7-8pm: $50
http://www.meetup.com/Open-Science-hands-on-learning-BossLab/events/187094492/
Introduction to microcontrollers.  Learn about digital and analog sensors, then build your own incubator!  Covers some basic electronics (ohms law), digital communicaion (i2C, SPI), some basic power electronics (relays, transistors), as well as LEDs.  Gotta love LEDs.  Offered at a very low price since the class is in "Beta"- this means there might be an extra class or two.  Materials for the class labs will be provided.

You can click through those links for more information and to sign up!  Email me directly if you have any questions or comments.  If this goes well, we will continue to run these classes and add more advanced classes.

--A

Carolyn Lanzkron

Jun 9, 2014, 10:13:00 AM6/9/14
to diybio...@googlegroups.com
Hello Avery,

I've signed up for the Arduino class, but I will have to miss the Monday and Friday classes due to other obligations.  Thus you might want to open the class up for one more person, as I won't be taking up space those days.

Looking forward to it,
CLKL