Rookie Problem - No DC Output to SSD???

Stephen Barton

Nov 20, 2021, 5:38:59 PM11/20/21
to DIY PID Control
I am replacing two controlers that control two heaters with one PID controller.  I have everything wired correctly, but I don't get any output from the DC connectors on the controller.

I thought this was a defective unit, but I pulled a similar controller (Mypin brand AT series) from another piece of equipment, set it up the same, and I get the same results.  No DC power when the Output light shows On.

I have run through all the settings and can't find one to control the DC output.  I'm at a loss and need the equipment up and running on Monday.  I am in PID mode, P is set at 250, I and D are set to Off.

Any suggestions?  I'm sure it is user error.

Pieter S

Nov 20, 2021, 8:20:47 PM11/20/21
to diy-pid...@googlegroups.com
Hi Stephen

Care to share your wiring diagram with us?

According to this you need to supply external AC or DC supply? the ALI and OUT1 are NO/NC floating so you need to supply external control power and relay/ssr to switch high power.

further:
 OUT1: Heating/Main control output lamp
 On: Output Off: No output

Best to contact local electrician/suppliers of these units.

Regards,

Stephen Barton

Nov 22, 2021, 10:21:31 AM11/22/21
to DIY PID Control
1 & 2          110 v + and -
3 & 4          DC output to SSD
7 & 8          Thermocouple Input

On the SSR I have 110 v + going into the  #1  connection then the #2 connection goes to my heaters.  The DC output from the controller goes to the 3 & 4 connections on the SSR.

PIcture of the diagram from the controller is below.

The SSD requries 3-32 VDC input to operate.  I'm measuring only 1 volt of output from the controller.

20211117_190005.jpg

Rakesh Patel

Nov 23, 2021, 8:41:14 AM11/23/21
to DIY PID Control
Hi Stephen,

Make sure which model you have selected.

Model selection.JPG

If you have selected the current output model it will give 1V.

You can check the OUT2 also for SSR logic.. check both OUT1 and OUT2 ?

Heater should be controlled using varying time pulse by changing the ON/OFF time and keeping the voltage constant

Below is the datasheet of controller.

Thanks
Rakesh Patel

Schlappo22

May 1, 2023, 5:52:52 AM5/1/23
to DIY PID Control
Hey,

not sure if it helps and what controller you use.
I am using an Arduino Mega. In order to control the SSR you will need to use one of the interrupt Pins on the controller (not all pins have that capability)

Hope that helps