She's Not Dead

1 view

danoff....@googlemail.com

Oct 9, 2010, 12:15:55 AM10/9/10
to diy-math
All,

I thin the response to Joe's post-mortem analysis has clearly
indicated the course has a heart beat. He and everyone whose responded
have had many great ideas for improving courses like this in the
future, to learn from this experience.

Let's put those into practice right now. Regardless of what may happen
with DIY Math in the future, I think if we try to get something
tangible from this p2pu course it'll be better for us all and the
spirit of peragogy.

To wit, I received permission from my professor to re-boot my dormant
study on NBA stats. I have started a document with my old introduction
[from my paper @ the end of that course].

http://p2pu.org/node/5571/document/10218

As a way to give myself some direction, I'm giving myself homework/a
task to complete each week.

For next week, I want to publish and understand the rest of my old
work, then write a clear paragraph about where I want to go next and
why.

Rock on.

- Charlie

Alison Jean Cole

Oct 9, 2010, 3:35:21 PM10/9/10
to diy-...@googlegroups.com
I'd just like to drop a note of encouragement to the DIY folks. I admire the tenacity it takes to revive enthusiasm in a course that seemed to be fading. It soon may live again!

ALISON

danoff....@googlemail.com

Oct 20, 2010, 12:13:45 AM10/20/10
to diy-math
A week later than I planned, but I published the rest of my old work
on Determinants of Success in the NBA

http://p2pu.org/node/5571/document/10218

I didn't write a paragraph about where I want to go next and why, but
I did jot down a few ideas at the end. Anyone interested please take a
look and add any other ideas you may have.

For my homework for the final week I'd like to revise the document,
formalizing the language and ending it with its own direction about
going forward.

On a related note, does anyone know what type of style I should use
for this paper. I'm assuming its not APA or MLA. Anyone know?

- Charlie

On Oct 8, 11:15 pm, "danoff.char...@googlemail.com"

danoff....@googlemail.com

Oct 27, 2010, 1:07:10 AM10/27/10
to diy-math
Got it in literally at the buzzer on the last day of the sixth week of
the course, fitting in a sense because the work is about basketball.
Did a formal write-up of my work and clarified where I want to go in
the future

http://p2pu.org/general/node/5571/document/11291

Anyone with ideas on how I can improve the work or who wants to help,
please get in touch via

danoff....@gmail.com

or, you can just work with this document on Wikiversity

http://bit.ly/nba-dynasty

I know this course did not go exactly as we all planned, but I want to
say I was inspired by many of you talking about learning independently
and would like to thank you and our facilitator Mr. Cornelli for
getting me started on something I should've done three years ago, at
least.

Hope to see you all next time in DIY Math's paragogical child (aka a
future Cornelli facilitated course).

peace,
charles

On Oct 19, 11:13 pm, "danoff.char...@googlemail.com"