how vs where?

1 view

Joe Corneli

Sep 29, 2010, 8:39:31 AM9/29/10
to diy-...@googlegroups.com
I'm thinking that there have been a lot of questions in this list
about "where" to start: what resources should I use, and so forth.
However, there have been fewer statements made about *how* to start:
"I plan to put in an hour a day on this" or things like that. I think
in order for people to get value out of this course, we need to have
some more discussions about "how". Charlie's statements about the
efforts he made to re-boot an old project make a good example of a
"how".

My recent "how": I often find that I'm able to read books on airplanes
or buses that I've had trouble getting to otherwise. So since I'm
traveling this week, I put a couple of math-stats tomes in my
backpack. (Yet another kind of mathematical exercise, tee hee.)
Will say more about what I'm learning when I get a little further with
the books.