Dixprs traffic shaping algorithm

Francis Lee

Sep 12, 2014, 2:35:43 PM9/12/14
to dix...@googlegroups.com
Dear all

I found some packet relay via digipeater to my Dixprs iGate may cause delay to shown on aprs.fi . Sometimes the delay may be several minutes, but sometimes may as late as more than 1 hour.

But the issue seems will not happen on the aprs packet that direct heard from my iGate.

Does it caused by the Traffic Shaping feature ? if Yes,

1/ How to know the algorithm of it ?
2/ How to evaluate the aprs packet delay time ?
3/ How to adjust the parameter of it in the config file
4/ Does it possible to Disable this feature ?

Thanks.

Br
VR2XKP

Bela Markus

Sep 18, 2014, 3:31:09 AM9/18/14
to dix...@googlegroups.com
Hi Frances

first of all packets shown at aprs.fi can't be used for debugging or to check RF receiver performance due to filtering of multiple packets and other factors. If you really want to know what your system hears use the DIXPRS UDP server where all received packets copied to.

http://udplog1.dixprs.net:8880/

Packet shaping is used only to avoid sending too much packets to RF and not used in other directions. Packets received on RF are sent to the internet server immediately without any delay by an independent process, delay there is few msec or few 10 msec depending on host computer performance.

Regards... Béla, HA5DI
--
Azért kapta ezt az üzenetet, mert feliratkozott a Google Csoportok „dixprs” csoportjára.
Az erről a csoportról és az ahhoz kapcsolódó e-mailekről való leiratkozáshoz küldjön egy e-amailt a(z) dixprs+un...@googlegroups.com címre.

A(z) üzenetben nem található vírus.
Ellenőrizte: AVG - www.avg.com
Verzió: 2014.0.4765 / Vírus adatbázis: 4015/8223 - Kiadás dátuma: 2014.09.16.

Francis Lee

Sep 18, 2014, 12:32:16 PM9/18/14
to dix...@googlegroups.com
Hi HA5DI

Thanks your reply. I refer the raw data shown in aprs.fi and the report from ham using my Dixprs iGate.

I cannot find my iGate info appear in the DIXPRS UDP server link. Does any extra configuration need to set ?

I am using the KISS mode config file.

Br
Francis

Bela Markus

Sep 19, 2014, 4:26:20 AM9/19/14
to dix...@googlegroups.com
Hi Francis

see [GENERAL] section in config.txt

# Comma separated list of addresses to send receveid/transmitted frames
# in hostip:port format. No default.
#UDPCC=<adrlst>

and change it to

# Comma separated list of addresses to send receveid/transmitted frames
# in hostip:port format. No default.
UDPCC=62.77.224.228:8889

Bela, HA5DI
--
Azért kapta ezt az üzenetet, mert feliratkozott a Google Csoportok „dixprs” csoportjára.
Az erről a csoportról és az ahhoz kapcsolódó e-mailekről való leiratkozáshoz küldjön egy e-amailt a(z) dixprs+un...@googlegroups.com címre.
További lehetőségekért látogasson el ide: https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

A(z) üzenetben nem található vírus.
Ellenőrizte: AVG - www.avg.com

Verzió: 2014.0.4765 / Vírus adatbázis: 4015/8232 - Kiadás dátuma: 2014.09.18.