Round 3249: New Word WHEAL

Tim B

May 1, 2022, 1:36:30 PM5/1/22
to Dixonary
The word for this round is

***********
* *
* WHEAL *
* *
***********

As usual, no indication of capitalisation or otherwise is implied.

New players are welcome. Don't look in a dictionary. If you know the word, let me know soon, by
email (if too many people know it, we'll pick another word).

Think up a creative, intriguing, funny or genuine looking definition that will
entice your fellow players to vote for it.
Send it BY EMAIL (not as a public forum message) to me at the address above, before the deadline,
which is 0900 UTC on Tuesday 3rd May, and 10 am BST in London.
My computer says that is 5 am in New York and 2 am in Los Angeles, both of which it thinks are on
Daylight Savings Time, and 8 pm the same day in Auckland, New Zealand.

Full rules, if you're curious, are at www.dixonary.net.

Best wishes,
Tim Bourne.

Tim B

May 1, 2022, 1:50:24 PM5/1/22
to Dixonary
Sorry, I should have said that the meaning we're looking for is NOT the obvious red mark on the skin.

Best wishes,
Tim.

Paul Keating

May 1, 2022, 2:11:11 PM5/1/22
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
A thing one is often counselled not to reinvant.

nad