Rnd 3173: time to vote

Johnb - co.uk

Jun 9, 2021, 9:00:17 AM6/9/21
to Dixonarians

The word is  DIAMICTITE

here are 12 defs from your fertile minds plus one from a dictionary- more than half are of a geologic nature. I decided against grouping them together so they are scattered through the list

please vote by public vote to the group by 10:am GMT Friday 11 June - other numbers but the same time where you are.

JohnnyB

1              a type of schist found primarily in the Carpathian Mountains

2              a lobster trap; an undersea thermal vent of this shape

3              from the Greek, the idea of good actions always winning over evil actions

4              a rock consisting of lithified rubble whose origin is land erosion embedded in mudstone or sandstone

5              an achondritic stony meteorite that is composed chiefly of pigeonite and maskelynite

6              a formation produced by the interleaving of two basal minerals

7              typically black or brown granite with high quartz content

8              fine-grained, silt-size sediment formed by the mechanical erosion of bedrock at the base and sides of a glacier by moving ice

9              a drug used to treat the symptoms of an enlarged prostate and allow better flow of urine

10            a clay-like mineral use to produce the fine crackling on certain types of antique porcelain, particularly from the Qing dynasty

11            an imposter or fraud who believes himself (see _hypocrite_)

12            a lustrous mineral often mistaken for broken glass

13            a circus clown

Judy Madnick

Jun 9, 2021, 9:10:43 AM6/9/21
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
I think I'll vote for what I think is the least-likely definition (particularly because my "best guesses" are usually wrong anyhow:

2              a lobster trap; an undersea thermal vent of this shape

13            a circus clown

Paul Keating

Jun 9, 2021, 10:50:42 AM6/9/21
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
10 & 13 for me

France International/Mike Shefler

Jun 9, 2021, 11:11:50 AM6/9/21
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
I'll avoid the minerals and vote for 11 and 13.

--Mike

Tim Lodge

Jun 9, 2021, 12:48:29 PM6/9/21
to Dixonary
It doesn't seem very Barrs-like to deal a mineral, so I'll try two that aren't:  3 and 13, please.

            3              from the Greek, the idea of good actions always winning over evil actions

          13            a circus clown

--  Tim L

Daniel B Widdis

Jun 9, 2021, 7:31:57 PM6/9/21
to Dixonary

#4 hearkens to the rubble between walls theme, and I’m curious if #5’s pigeonite is related to the rock pigeon

nancygoat

Jun 10, 2021, 3:01:04 AM6/10/21
to Dixonary
I'll take 10 and 11 for which we need another word (or 12) in these times.

Nancy

Debbie Embler

Jun 10, 2021, 7:52:35 AM6/10/21
to Dixonary