Call for help: Localization effort of Zekr Qur'an study software.

SoE

Jun 26, 2010, 12:50:36 PM6/26/10
to Dhivehi Translation/Localization Team
hey guys.

I'm launching a project to localize zekr [ http://zekr.org/ ] with two
objectives

1.localize the UI
This has already been more or less completed. You can check out the
localization file here [ http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5385653/zekr/lang/dhivehi.xml
]

I've been in touch with zekr developers, and they're going to
include the language pack in their next release. Suggestions/
corrections/improvements are welcome.

2.put together a Dhivehi translation pack.

This would be based on the translation available on
presidencymaldives website [presidencymaldives.gov.mv/quran/]

I've tried to mine the data out of it without success, so am currently
hoping to manually type out the text. I'm thinking of doing it over at
googledocs as it will allow for many people to edit at the same time.

Ideas, suggestions are welcome. If you'd like to help, drop in a line
and I'll send you an invite to the google docs in question.

here's a preview of what it would look like when done

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5385653/zekr/Screenshot.png

NOTE: I've spoken to the developers of http://tanzil.info/ as well and
they'd be interested in what we generate. They would be more than
happy to include the translation pack on their website as well. (same
format as used by zekr)

SoE

Jun 26, 2010, 12:53:23 PM6/26/10
to Dhivehi Translation/Localization Team
oh yea...the current dhivehi translation pack is hosted here [
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5385653/zekr/dv.trans.zip ]
it will be updated as the project progresses.

On Jun 26, 9:50 pm, SoE <kuda...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hey guys.
>
> I'm launching a project to localize zekr [http://zekr.org/] with two
> objectives
>
> 1.localize the UI
>    This has already been more or less completed. You can check out the
> localization file here [http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5385653/zekr/lang/dhivehi.xml
> ]
>
>   I've been in touch with zekr developers, and they're going to
> include the language pack in their next release. Suggestions/
> corrections/improvements are welcome.
>
> 2.put together a Dhivehi translation pack.
>
>   This would be based on the translation available on
> presidencymaldives website [presidencymaldives.gov.mv/quran/]
>
> I've tried to mine the data out of it without success, so am currently
> hoping to manually type out the text. I'm thinking of doing it over at
> googledocs as it will allow for many people to edit at the same time.
>
> Ideas, suggestions are welcome. If you'd like to help, drop in a line
> and I'll send you an invite to the google docs in question.
>
> here's a preview of what it would look like when done
>
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5385653/zekr/Screenshot.png
>
> NOTE: I've spoken to the developers ofhttp://tanzil.info/as well and

Yusuf Abdulla Shunan

Jun 26, 2010, 3:20:49 PM6/26/10
to divtran...@googlegroups.com
We can do with only the dhivehi translation, I mean we dont have to include english/arabic translations in the pack right?

I will take some time to go a little deeper into this project, in the mean time Naail, help me out a little...

Salam
Yusuf Abdulla Shunan

Naail A. Rahman

Jun 26, 2010, 10:07:19 PM6/26/10
to divtran...@googlegroups.com
We'll do only Dhivehi yea no need to include English yes.

the data format for the translation pack is simple. It consists if a single zip file with two files -one is for metadata,containing information about the locale, direction of text etc.. I've already completed this file.

the second is a flat text file containing the translated text, one ayah per line. That's all there is to it really. All we need to do is type out the relevant translation in the correct line number. Hence why I'm doing this on a spreadsheet, which can then be exported to a text file.

check out the googledocs I shared with you Shunan.

Naail Abdul Rahman

Jul 17, 2010, 4:30:50 AM7/17/10
to divtran...@googlegroups.com
like i said in the other thread...it is DONE!!!!

Naail Abdul Rahman

Jul 17, 2010, 4:31:54 AM7/17/10
to divtran...@googlegroups.com
please review, verify.... etc..

I went over it quite throughly and it appears to be alright. Should we submit it to the ministry for approval or something?

Yusuf Abdulla Shunan

Jul 17, 2010, 8:47:49 AM7/17/10
to divtran...@googlegroups.com
Kudos to Naail and those who participated in the translation. We can take this up in the MOSS Weekly meeting tonight at 2130 Nasandhura Trends...

See you there...
Salam
Yusuf Abdulla Shunan