Dhivehi Translation Guide

Yusuf

May 2, 2009, 11:59:56 AM5/2/09
to Dhivehi Translation/Localization Team
I think the first step of this group should be to compile the Dhivehi
Translation Guideline, here is the general translation guideline which
can be used as a base.

https://help.launchpad.net/Translations/Guide

I believe the translation guideline should be in Dhivehi, so people
who do not know English that much can also contribute.

Thoyyib is currently working on a Dhivehi General Guideline.

In general we agreed that the technical aspect, will remain as we
speak, like the words 'open', 'close' & other terms that we used as it
is in Thaana. As this is how we talk now too! We have a terminology
for these terms. Even when we speak in Dhivehi, we say 'ey window
close konlaa', so we will leave those as it is.

This Guideline will be documented this shall be a starting point for
all new comers, telling how to translate and what not to translate.

Once the guideline is done we will need let launchpad know about the
guideline, here is a post that outline what to do!

http://adi.roiban.ro/2009/03/20/localization-guidelines-in-launchpad-...

Happy Translating & Share the Fun
Yusuf Abdulla Shunan

Yusuf

May 28, 2009, 10:35:11 PM5/28/09
to Dhivehi Translation/Localization Team
Hi everyone,

My hand is a bit full these days, but here I am...

Find below the first draft of the Translation Guideline in English
(can anyone translate this to Dhivehi???).

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDhivehiTranslators/TranslationGuideLine

Note this need lot of improvements so feel free to suggest.

I have also left undone the examples, so can some serious and
experienced :0 translator help to fill-in with some good examples????

Have a look and send comments and/or suggestions or feel free to make
changes if you know what you are doing.

We also need to create another wiki with a list of accelerator keys,
can someone take the initiative and create a wiki????

Adios
Yusuf Abdulla Shunan

Yusuf

Jun 5, 2009, 2:49:23 PM6/5/09
to Dhivehi Translation/Localization Team
Hi everyone,

Thanks to Meekaaku, the translation guideline for Dhivehi is nearly
completed. Only need very few examples to be incorporated.

So I will advice all translators to have a look at the translation
guide and give your comments and suggestions if any.

Once again here is the link :
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDhivehiTranslators/TranslationGuideLine

Salam
Yusuf Abdulla Shunan