June Update

Tiffany Wong

Jun 4, 2023, 2:08:35 PM6/4/23
to division...@googlegroups.com

Aloha Mighty Opihis!

Summer is already here! With school being out and more free-time on our hands, there are even more opportunities for you all to serve your wonderful communities! Whether it is holding a beach clean-up or hosting a club social, do whatever you can to make the most out of these few weeks of summer! Happy serving Makai!

This monthly update will cover:

June SOSP

June DCM & Agenda

NEW Division & District Goals

OTC 2023

ICON 2023

June SOSP

The Spotlight on Service Program is a CNH District program that has a different monthly theme or charity for clubs to do projects on each month!

The June Spotlight on Service is Health & Safety! Some project ideas for this theme are:

  • Create PSA Posters around health & safety

  • Participate in a community clean-up

  • Collect sanitary supplies for donation

  • Hosting a park beautification

Every club in Makai is highly encouraged to do at least one project related to the month's SOSP!

If you do a project relating to the June SOSP, make sure to submit the project to the district by July 5th to this form [HERE]!

June DCM & Agenda

The June DCM will take place on Monday, June 5th, 2023 at 7:00PM. The theme of the event is "Summer of Service!" We will discuss DLT appointments, our new division goals, and OTC 2023! The agenda and link for the event is right here:

LINK:

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us06web.zoom.us/j/88356747402?pwd=U05xQmdxa0pmVkFpWTBwMUYzYWJmZz09&authuser=0

Meeting ID: 846 5685 9019
Passcode: d22mopihis

AGENDA:

NEW Division & District Goals

With the beginning of a new Key Club year, we have set new service goals to motivate you all to make bigger impacts in our community! Here are our NEW division and district goals for the 2023-24 term:

Division Goals

20,000 TOTAL Service Hours

$2,700 TOTAL Raised for PTP/Yes Initiative

District Goals

400,000 TOTAL Service Hours

$200,000 TOTAL Raised for PTP/Yes Initiative

OTC 2023

Officer Training Conference or OTC is an annual event for new club officers to gain necessary leadership skills, set club goals, and prepare for the term! At OTC, various workshops are provided to cover all the necessary skills and resources to be a successful leader!

OTC 2023 will take place later this month on through a hybrid format (both in-person and virtually) on each individual island on June 22nd, 2023 with the theme: LEGO-TC! All officers are HIGHLY ENCOURAGED to attend! More information about Officer Training Conference and registration will be released soon!

ICON 2023

ICON 2023 is set to happen on July 5-9, 2023 at the Key Club International Convention in our very own CNH District in Anaheim, California! The theme this year is Lights, Camera, and Service! Celebrate your Key Club achievements, make friends across the globe, and learn about new service projects to bring back to your club!

Registration for ICON 2023 has been EXTENDED for all clubs in the District to June 5th at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (ET), which is only a few days away!

There has been a change to the registration process and the NEW link to register can be found [HERE]! View the schedule for International Convention [HERE]!

Please let me know if you or your club is planning on attending ASAP!

--

STICK-ing Together in Service,

Tiffany Wong
Lieutenant Governor
Division 22 Makai | Region 18
California-Nevada-Hawaii District
Key Club International

“You are what you believe yourself to be.”
Paulo Coelho

Follow the Division Instagram! @d22makai
Join the D22M Reflector HERE!