Master The Art Of Self Control

C. P. Kumar

Mar 21, 2024, 10:25:37 PMMar 21
to divin...@googlegroups.com
We all wish to be in control of our lives in order to live well. It is our power to take charge of our mind, intellect and nature. And thereby automatically control our physical sense organs too. We do not get entangled in the musts and shoulds defined by the society, as we take care of our own moral ways. Once we handle the self well, we will handle other people the right way. Of all the things we wish to have more of, self-control must be right on top. It refers to our ability to control our ways of thinking, being and behaving. While exercising self-control seems feasible, there are moments we get tempted to act differently, and we give in.

Follow these steps to exercise self-control and experience well-being:

1. Self-control is a strength you can cultivate by exercising it in simple scenes of life.
2. During meditation, watch your thoughts. It helps to control your mind and create a beautiful relationship with it.
3. Choose a powerful and right response in every situation, instead of automatic, habitual reactions. Awareness of having options and making choices increases self-control.
4. Stick to your values and principles. Use them fearlessly with everyone and in every situation. For example, admit to your mistake and apologize even if it will have a serious consequence. Likewise, obey traffic rules even if you are the only one on the road.
5. Choose purity in everything you read, watch, listen and talk. Follow principles of right eating and drinking, without giving in to temptations. Do what is right and healthy for you, without seeking public approval.

Repeat this affirmation 3 times to put yourself back in control of your life. Watch how your mind obeys instructions and your body supports your goals. Master the art of self-control:

I am a powerful being … I am the creator of my every thought … word … behavior … I use my mind the right way … situations may not be my way … my mind is always my way … I choose where to focus … what to see … what to listen … what to speak … I see goodness in everyone … I am untouched by public opinion … I live a disciplined life… I am the master of my mind … I am the master of my body.