Bouncing emails?

David J. B. Hollis

May 6, 2022, 4:04:45 AM5/6/22
to DITA-OT Users
Hi all,

I’ve just noticed that Radu’s reply to Corinna apparently didn’t go through this Google group. I suspect that it bounced.

It seems that Google have recently introduced a new bounce policy:

If the From: header doesn’t match the X-Auth header, then Google will bounce it.

So, if you use a business email address, but send it through the ISP outgoing email server, then the two won’t match, and Google will bounce it.

ISP outgoing email servers don’t bother to match From: with authentication details, and send the email.

HTH
David