How to use fix for 3.7 chunk bug when using projects?

Eliot Kimber

Jun 28, 2024, 6:44:51 PMJun 28
to DITA-OT Users
We are stuck on 3.7.4.

We have some content where a topic is used twice in a map where one of the uses specifies chunk="to-content".

In this case the Chunk file is not generated correctly--the result DITA file is truncated.

When I run the same transformation type and content using either an Oxygen transformation scenario or an Ant script that uses -lib parameters to add all the jar files in our OT configuration (which includes the Oxygen dost patches plug-in), the chunk bug does not occur, but when I use a project file via the dita command, the bug occurs.

The issue for us with this bug is that the custom Zoomin OT processing attempts to validate the HTML files generated from the content, including the HTML files for the Chunk files, but there is no HTML file for the bad Chunk file (Zoomin goes off the .job.xml file, which lists the bad Chunk).

This causes our project-based Zoomin build to fail on the missing HTML file.

My questions:

1. I'm assuming that the dost patches jar fixes this bug: is that true? If it's not true, then what is fixing the bug when I use e.g., an Oxygen transformation scenario?
2. How can I run OT via a project file and get the bug fix activated?

I have the com.oxygenxml.dost.patches plug-in installed and I see it referenced in the env.sh script, but that doesn't seem to solve the issue when using a project file.

What am I missing?

Thanks,

Eliot

Radu Coravu

Jul 2, 2024, 12:31:42 PMJul 2
to Eliot Kimber, DITA-OT Users
Hi Eliot,

This email list on which you are writing is kind of deprecated, I would suggest either the DITA Users List (https://dita-users.groups.io/g/main) or the DITA OT discussions list (https://github.com/orgs/dita-ot/discussions) in the future.
Oxygen indeed takes the base DITA Open Toolkit and adds various plugins to it, one of them containing various patches which for one reason or another we could not contribute back to the DITA OT. We call this entire (DITA OT + Oxygen plugins) structure the "Oxygen Publishing Engine". Our "com.oxygenxml.dost.patches" DITA OT plugin should fix the same problems when running plain DITA OT or DITA OT project files transformations from Oxygen (if the plugin is installed in the DITA OT). If this does not happen, maybe some other transformation parameters are distinct between the plain DITA OT transformations and the DITA OT project file transformations. For example there is a transformation parameter named "force-unique" which we enable by default in our WebHelp transformation scenarios.

Regards,
Radu