Weird behavior inside Docker container

n7...@earthlink.net

Jul 29, 2022, 3:27:41 PM7/29/22
to DITA-OT Users
Using macOS on macbook M1 (arm).
Using Desktop Docker, running DITA OT 3.5.4 inside of a docker container.

I run a transform with the DITA OT, it runs fine with no errors, in maybe 3 minutes. Then next time it runs, no changes to anything, it hangs up somewhere during the DITA OT run. It just stops with no errors, and never moves again. It's not out of memory, it's not running up the CPU. It will sit there for an hour or more until you stop it. It does not stop at the same place every time. One time it hangs, it might be right at the beginning. The next time it hangs, it might be in the middle of processing some metadata. It's random.

This same setup runs without a hitch in Jenkins using a Linux v20 docker container. I'm trying to make a local development setup.

Anyone else ever see this? I'm wondering if it's the new Apple M1 processor.

Thanks,
Mark Giffin

Jarno Elovirta

Jul 30, 2022, 1:37:42 AM7/30/22