Change orientation in PDF (pdf2+fop) for topics (not chapters)

Stefan Eike

Jun 8, 2021, 3:57:24 AM6/8/21
to DITA-OT Users

Hi,

We have a two columns layout. It is heavily white space optimized, as we publish up to 25 different languages to the PDF, which is printed. Some chapters, like technical data, should be one-column or landscape. This works pretty well on chapter level. Radu has released a very nice plugin on GitHub that allows to trigger this on chapter level when setting outputclass on the topic.

However this only works on chapter level and not on topic level and it only works if the chapter starts on a new page. What I need is that this works on topic level as well, so a page break must be triggered as well.

Could someone please give me a small hint if and how I can achieve this? I could change it for all the topics when overriding the processUnknownTopic template, but I cannot do it for specific topics only....

Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks a lot in advance