Getting java.lang.NoSuchMethodError when running new v4.1.2 install

n7...@earthlink.net

Jan 31, 2024, 6:19:18 PMJan 31
to DITA-OT Users
I installed DITA OT 4.1.2 on Windows 11 and when running a command line pdf build, it fails right away with this error:

Searching for integrator.xml ...
init:
dita2pdf2.init:
init-properties:
[init-project] Initializing project
Error: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: 'net.sf.saxon.Configuration net.sf.saxon.Configuration.newConfiguration()'

I'm using Java 17, openjdk version 17.0.8.1.

Any idea on this?

Thanks,
Mark Giffin

Chris Papademetrious

Jan 31, 2024, 7:38:07 PMJan 31
to DITA-OT Users
Hi Mark,

I downloaded DITA-OT 4.1.2 in Windows and ran the following command:

dita-ot-4.1.2\bin\dita.bat -i dita-ot-4.1.2\docsrc\userguide-book.ditamap -f pdf2 --verbose

and it completed successfully for me. I am using Java SE 17.0.9.

What DITA-OT command line are you running?

 - Chris

n7...@earthlink.net

Feb 1, 2024, 2:12:42 AMFeb 1
to DITA-OT Users
Hi Chris, I used this command line, real basic:

bin\dita -i C:\dita-api-manual\sample.ditamap -f pdf2 --temp=temp -v

Radu Coravu

Feb 1, 2024, 2:17:05 AMFeb 1
to n7...@earthlink.net, DITA-OT Users
Hi Mark,
Is it possible you copied the 4.1 DITA OT folder over the older DITA OT installation folder or the other way around instead of just adding the extra plugins to the DITA OT 4.1 folder? Can you give us a listing of all files you have in the "DITA-OT\lib" folder.
Maybe in the future you can consider posting such questions on the DITA OT discussions list as this DITA OT discussions gmail thread is kind of deprecated:
Regards,
Radu

n7...@earthlink.net

Feb 1, 2024, 1:57:03 PMFeb 1
to DITA-OT Users
Thanks for the tip Radu, I'm going to move this over to the github discussions.

And thanks Chris!

Mark