Wanted to show ditamap or topic title in custom in header

Saibul Haq

Jun 7, 2021, 10:30:16 PM6/7/21
to DITA-OT Users
We have added the custom header.xml and footer.xml and it is showing in all the page. Right now in the header it shows only static data. we wanted to show dynamic value like show a piece of information like title from the current ditamap, topic or concept.

Radu Coravu

Jun 8, 2021, 12:20:36 AM6/8/21
to Saibul Haq, DITA-OT Users
Hi,

Toshihiko Makita had a detailed answer to a similar question on Stack Overflow a couple of years ago:

Regards,
Radu

On Tue, Jun 8, 2021 at 5:30 AM Saibul Haq <saibu...@gmail.com> wrote:
We have added the custom header.xml and footer.xml and it is showing in all the page. Right now in the header it shows only static data. we wanted to show dynamic value like show a piece of information like title from the current ditamap, topic or concept.

Saibul Haq

Jun 8, 2021, 4:06:56 AM6/8/21
to DITA-OT Users
Thanks for helping an answer, But we are trying to show the title in the custom header(header.xml) where it is not allowing  to do custom codes like xsl. it allows only html tags. Also in your given path there is nothing releated to header customization.

Stefan Eike

Jun 8, 2021, 5:11:00 AM6/8/21
to DITA-OT Users
That's not what this parameter is used for. It's used to add static content. If you want to add dynamic values, you have to do it as Radu has explained it.