Having trouble with conditional processing

Michael Webster

Jun 4, 2021, 7:27:26 PMJun 4
to DITA-OT Users

I am getting what appears to be incorrect results when using conditional processing within DITA-OT:

  • If I use only HTML to mark a div section and assign it a conditional processing attribute it filters correctly
  • If I use a mixture of HTML and markdown to mark a div section and assign it a conditional processing attribute, it is always included whether I want it included or not.  According to the CommonMark spec which DITA-OT claims to support I should be able to mix HTML and markdown in this way.  In fact, I don't know of any way to use conditional processing in DITA and markdown without using a few HTML tags.

Please see the markdown source file within the attached zip file for more details.

cond-proc.zip

Jonathan Hanna

Jun 6, 2021, 2:34:54 PMJun 6
to Michael Webster, DITA-OT Users
In your Markdown file, you're using the platform​ attribute for conditional processing, which is not supported by MDITA. According to the Lightweight DITA specification, you need to use the data-props​ attribute:

Please note that I've never tried this out for myself before, so I'm not sure if this is currently supported in DITA-OT.