DITA-OT Warnings About Undefined Keys

Shane Taylor

Jul 11, 2024, 11:53:37 AM (5 days ago) Jul 11
to DITA-OT Users
I'm in the process of upgrading our builds from 3.7 to 4.2.3. I'm seeing many new warnings about undefined keys ("[DOTJ047I] Unable to find key definition for key reference 'lms-name' in root scope").

These warnings are shown for keys that are correctly defined in 3.7, and (in the case of many, such as the above) they should not be defined in the root scope because they are not referenced in the root scope and are defined in specific keyscopes created with branch processing (defining them in the root scope would preclude that). Note: I have not yet confirmed whether this occurs also for keyscopes not created with branch processing.

Is this "working as designed" or as I suspect, a serious error introduced in the toolkit? Any suggestions to work around this?

Thanks,

Shane

Shane Taylor

Jul 11, 2024, 2:22:28 PM (5 days ago) Jul 11
to DITA-OT Users
What seems to be happening is that — at least in the topic-keyref step — key references that do not explicitly specify a keyscope are incorrectly treated as if they are in the root scope regardless of the keyscope that should apply to the topic.

Chris Papademetrious

Jul 14, 2024, 9:06:34 AM (2 days ago) Jul 14
to DITA-OT Users
Hi Shane,

Can you share a small testcase that reproduces the issue?

 - Chris