WebP image format for PDF outputs

Mark Beresford

May 19, 2021, 7:12:28 PMMay 19
to DITA-OT Users
Hi Everyone,

To reduce the total file size of my HTML outputs (which have to be downloaded over 2G networks in the developing world) I am exploring the use of the WebP image file format. Everything is working well for the HTML output, but the images are not being processed by DITA-OT when building PDFs.

I can print an HTML file to PDF and the images show up, so the problem is not a constraint of the PDF format. Does anyone know whether DITA-OT can support (or be made to support) WebP images for PDF outputs?

Thanks,
Mark

Toshihiko Makita

May 20, 2021, 7:12:34 AMMay 20
to DITA-OT Users
Hi Mark,
I have not experienced to use WebP format until now. But AH Formatter do supports this format:

If it is not usable in your DITA-OT, it may be the problem of DITA-OT itself.

Regards,

--
 Toshihiko Makita

2021年5月20日木曜日 8:12:28 UTC+9 ma...@scitechcs.com: