Vulnerability scanning no longer enabled on gcr.io?

Sanjay Vasandani

Jun 26, 2023, 1:02:56 PM6/26/23
to Distroless Users
I seem to remember that there were vulnerability reports for the images on gcr.io. I'm not seeing them anymore, and the settings seem to indicate that scanning is now off. Did something change? Can we get scanning turned on?

It's nice to see what we'd be picking up when updating to a new image version without having to run our own scans.

Andrew Latham

Jun 27, 2023, 11:25:50 AM6/27/23
to distrole...@googlegroups.com
I have no insight into the current scanning practices of the images.  I build my own from scratch and test/scan them.

On Mon, Jun 26, 2023 at 11:02 AM 'Sanjay Vasandani' via Distroless Users <distrole...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
I seem to remember that there were vulnerability reports for the images on gcr.io. I'm not seeing them anymore, and the settings seem to indicate that scanning is now off. Did something change? Can we get scanning turned on?

It's nice to see what we'd be picking up when updating to a new image version without having to run our own scans.

- Andrew "lathama" Latham -