bettermeans | hosting for localwiki

Charise Van Liew

Mar 4, 2013, 8:47:52 AM3/4/13
to distric...@googlegroups.com, landers...@gmail.com, Matt Bailey, Justin Grimes
Hi all -

1.  Anyone interested in installing bettermeans on their server so we can try it out for District Commons? The hosted version isn't maintained, but a developer on github seems to be keeping it functional. Or, is there a more actively developed alternative?

2.  Looks like we'll need to change hosting providers for the localwiki install. The Temple Host went down for a significant amount of time (we think over 24hrs) the other week. Anyone have suggestions on who to host with? I'll help pay and/or fundraise for the hosting costs.

Thanks,

Charise

Greg Bloom

Mar 4, 2013, 9:04:28 AM3/4/13
to Charise Van Liew, distric...@googlegroups.com, landers...@gmail.com, Matt Bailey, Justin Grimes
Hi Charise - re: bettermeans, I've always been interested in it but the discussion threads there don't seem to bode well. I also wonder if this is as much a question for the Code for DC chapter; they also need to develop project/task management infrastructure... maybe Open Atrium?

• gjb •