Tomorrow: HacDC during the day, KCDC in the evening

Greg Bloom

Feb 1, 2013, 11:58:56 AM2/1/13
to distric...@googlegroups.com
Hey y'all - I'll be at the HacDC hackathon tomorrow, it starts at 11am at St Stephens Church in Columbia Heights, and it goes late. it's in memoriam of Aaron Swartz, dedicated to liberating data and using software to foster democracy. A good chance to check in on the District Commons project, learn about the technology and the potential, and maybe even get some stuff done.

Then in the evening, at the Knowledge Commons DC Study Hall (above the City Bikes in Adams Morgan) at 6pm, there's a kickoff of a 'Citizens Circle' cycle, basically self-organized learning groups. A good opportunity if y'all are interested in thinking about the idea of 'the commons' and how it relates to the  internet, democracy, etc. I'm going to propose a circle to study the commons and also take action, primarily by creating content on the District Commons.

More soon.... word,
~greg

Charise Van Liew

Feb 2, 2013, 10:43:24 AM2/2/13
to distric...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks,

I'll be at HacDC to help with District Commons ~1pm-5:30pm.

Interested in a District Commons citizen circle. However, if tonight turns out to be more of a general citizen circle meeting that can't focus on the commons, I'll probably head out early and stay tuned for the commons-specific one.

Charise