Performance Numbers

Khurrum Nasim

May 13, 2016, 1:55:10 AM5/13/16
to distributedlog-user
Could you guys share any performance numbers? What is the expected latency? How large is your scale, like number of nodes, throughput, topics?

knasim

Jon Derrick

May 13, 2016, 2:16:07 AM5/13/16
to distributedlog-user
+1 really like to see how's the performance number

I saw there is a benchmark module, but there is not a page about how to run it...

- jderrick

Jia Zhai

May 13, 2016, 6:56:22 AM5/13/16
to distributedlog-user
+1 for the performance results

Jia Zhai

May 13, 2016, 7:01:15 AM5/13/16
to distributedlog-user
And it would be better if there is any comparing result with other product such as kafka.

Yijie Shen

May 13, 2016, 10:10:43 AM5/13/16
to distributedlog-user
Here's the slides of @sijieg with several performance chart, which includes: latency/throughput tradeoffs, scalability regarding # streams as well as fan-out readers.

Jia Zhai

May 13, 2016, 11:39:17 AM5/13/16
to distributedlog-user
Thanks for the infomation.

Sijie Guo

May 14, 2016, 2:57:15 AM5/14/16
to Jon Derrick, distributedlog-user
Thank Jon to point out.

Do you mind filing a github issue? We will work on creating a document page
for this topic.

- Sijie

Jon Derrick