Re: Importance of the explanatory variables in a density surface model

Giliba Richard

Jul 15, 2022, 8:54:36 AM7/15/22
to distance...@googlegroups.com
Dear distance sampling group,

I was wondering if it's possible to assess the importance of the explanatory variables in a density surface model.

Thanks for any help.

Richard

-

Richard A. Giliba

School of Life Sciences and Bio-Engineering

The Nelson Mandela African Institution of Science and Technology, Arusha,

P.O. Box 447 Arusha, Tanzania.

Cell: +255 767 710 622

Email: richard...@nm-aist.ac.tz

Eric Rexstad

Jul 15, 2022, 10:29:53 AM7/15/22
to Giliba Richard, distance...@googlegroups.com
Richard

I'm not sure if this is a satisfactory answer to your question, but you could consult the "Model Selection" section of the example density surface model analysis found on our examples website:
Typically (i.e. for other datasets) it will be necessary divide the transects into segments, and allocate observations to the correct segments using a GIS or other similar package 1, before starting an analysis using dsm.. Shapefiles and converting units