analysis in the relation between density and abundance of birds and value of ndvi

Nazira Reyes

Dec 20, 2022, 9:31:20 AM12/20/22
to distance-sampling
hello everbody.
sorry for my english, it is not my native language, my question is ¿for analyzes the relation between density and abundance of birds and value of ndvi its only possible in program R with distance, for example multi-covariate distance sampling?
I will be very grateful for your opinions, i am student in thesis and new in drive of computer programs.

Eric Rexstad

Dec 20, 2022, 2:25:52 PM12/20/22
to Nazira Reyes, distance-sampling
Nazira

Welcome to the list. The R package Distance will allow you to examine the effect of features like NDVI upon "detectability", rather than the effect upon density itself.  Alternatives for you to examine the effect of environmental covariates upon density itself can be examined via use of the `dsm` package,see Miller et al. (2013)
Distance sampling extends plot sampling to the case where detection is not certain. Observers move along lines or visit points and record the distance from the line or point to the object of interest (y).These distances are used to estimate the detection function, g(y) (e.g., Fig. 1), by modelling the decrease in detectability with increasing distance from the line or point (conventional ...
Another alternative for examining the effect of environmental covariates upon density can be found in these papers.

Buckland, Stephen & Russell, Robin & Dickson, Brett & Saab, Victoria & Gorman, Donal & Block, William. (2009). Analyzing Designed Experiments in Distance Sampling. Journal of Agricultural Biological and Environmental Statistics. 14. 432-442. 10.1198/jabes.2009.08030.

or

Evans, Kristine & Burger, L. & Oedekoven, Cornelia & Smith, Mark & Riffell, Sam & Martin, James & Buckland, Stephen. (2013). Multi-region response to conservation buffers targeted for Northern bobwhite. Journal of Wildlife Management. 77. 716-725. 10.1002/jwmg.502.

Analyses for these two approaches do not live as yet in R packages.  Let us know if you have further questions.