First announcement July introductory distance sampling workshop; widening participation scholarships now being accepted

Eric Rexstad

May 9, 2023, 11:48:17 AM5/9/23
to distance...@googlegroups.com
Interactive introductory distance sampling training, first announcement

Official registration for the July 2023 workshop will begin the week of 22 May 2023, but applications are now being accepted for the widening participation scholarship (details below).

We are offering the training workshop in 10 2.5-hour blocks in July 2023.  The workshop will be delivered using Zoom web conferencing software along with R-Studio "in the cloud".☁️ You will need (free) accounts for both pieces of software (https://zoom.us and https://posit.cloud). There will be an internet connection testing and general orientation session the week of 26 June 2023.

Modernize workflows with Zoom's trusted collaboration tools: including video meetings, team chat, VoIP phone, webinars, whiteboard, contact center, and events.

Widening participation scholarship

One place will have the registration fee waived, for participants from under-represented groups.  Details of eligibility and application process at http://workshops.distancesampling.org/widening-participation. Deadline for scholarship applications for the July 2023 introductory workshop is 19 May 2023.

Important details
  • Workshop dates and time:  10-21 July 2023; 1400-1630 British Standard Time.
  • Registration deadline: 21 June 2023📅
  • Enrolment limit: 14
  • Cost: 225 British pounds 💵
  • What is included: Lectures, exercises, code, data all available online📃
Additional details

At the webpage above, you will find a link to the St Andrews online shop where payment is made. Registration will open the week of 22 May 2023.  After you register, I will contact you with additional details regarding workshop electronic materials, etc.

Feel free to contact me with questions. Please share this announcement with interested colleagues.

Eric Rexstad

Centre for Research into Ecological and Environmental Modelling

University of St Andrews

Registered Charity in Scotland SC013532