MSI installer?

James Long

May 3, 2022, 9:26:43 AM5/3/22
to distance-sampling
Is there an MSI installer for the Distance application?

Quite a few of my colleagues use the software in my organisation and I'd therefore like to manage the installation of the software through our PC management software (ManageEngine DesktopCentral) which can install software using a distributed software installation which uses MSI installers with switches (hopefully a silent switch).

Many thanks,
James

Eric Rexstad

May 3, 2022, 10:04:52 AM5/3/22
to James Long, distance-sampling
James

Thanks for your interest.  Afraid we don't have an MSI installer for the Distance for Windows programme.  The installer we use has quite a few moving parts, not sure if we could manage an MSI installer.  But we could investigate such things as https://emcosoftware.com/msi-package-builder.
How to make MSI packages and what are the advantages of using EMCO MSI Package Builder? The application simplifies installation authoring by making use of the visual editor and changes tracking technology, which is used to generate installation project data.
If I might ask, at what organisation do you work where there is a flock of Distance for Windows users?