Trial vs io configuration

Lyndon Brooks

Apr 18, 2024, 12:14:40 AMApr 18
to distance-sampling
Hi,
I've been trying to fit a point idependence model to some mrds data. I'm having a hard time getting a detection function to fit. The dsmodel fits well but the mrmodel doesn't.
I supect that there may have been some sort of failure of the independence protocol leading to something like behavioual response in the mr data.
This may well be why a trail configuration is more robust than a full independence configuration.
My question is this: is trial less powerful than full independence configuration?
It seems we'd lose some mr data but perhaps the dsmodel would make up for that?
Thank you.

Lyndon Brooks

Apr 19, 2024, 12:50:49 AMApr 19
to distance-sampling
Hello,
To answer my own question: On our data, the trial configuration was a better fit (the mrmodel component of GOF chisq was p>0.05 at least) but the SE of p-hat was slightly larger. Perhaps this is a compromise we must make.
Lyndon.