Hi Help me please

Michelle Bustamante

Mar 18, 2024, 5:04:11 PMMar 18
to distance-sampling
Hello!
I have fitted the tree detectability models to a dataset of visual records of resplendent quetzals in sampling transects in Guatemala. I want to extract detectability values and other values from the uniform model using the command summarize_ds_models(BQ.uni, output="plain"). However, I'm getting this error: > summarize_ds_models(BQ.uni, output="plain") Error in [.data.frame(res, , 4:7) : undefined columns selected.
Could you help me resolve it?
Thanks a lot!!

Eric Rexstad

Mar 19, 2024, 4:12:27 AMMar 19
to Michelle Bustamante, distance-sampling
Good morning Michelle

If you apply the function summary(BQ.uni)​ you will discover that the fitted detection function has estimated the probability of detecting your study animals to be 1.00. In other words perfect detectability out to the truncation distance. Consequently, the number of animals estimated to be in the covered region is the same as the number detected. Therefore the number of animals estimated to be in the study area is the number detected multiplied by the inverse of the proportion of the study area sampled.