R Distance detection probability plots

Rowdy White

May 26, 2021, 9:51:56 AM5/26/21
to distance-sampling
This is probably just me being dense, but I'm unable to find a way to plot just the detection curve and not the histogram using Distance in R. Can someone point me in the right direction?

David Lawrence Miller

May 26, 2021, 10:52:08 AM5/26/21
to Rowdy White, distance-sampling
Hi Rowdy, hi listfolk,

You're certainly not being dense! I've just not implemented that option.
I'll look into it and see if we can include it in the next release.

If you need that feature urgently, can you ping me off-list and I'll see
what I can do.

cheers,
--dave
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/distance-sampling/419d2e74-b311-4606-8a99-979a4666e63cn%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/distance-sampling/419d2e74-b311-4606-8a99-979a4666e63cn%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

David Lawrence Miller

May 28, 2021, 1:27:43 PM5/28/21
to Rowdy White, distance-sampling
Hi Rowdy, hi listfolk,

In looking further I realised one can do this, I'd not realised it was a
bit more straightforward than I thought...

Setting the border option to white will remove the border for the
histogram and setting pl.col will remove the grey shading inside the
bars. For example:

library(Distance)
data(book.tee.data)
tee.data <- subset(book.tee.data$book.tee.dataframe, observer==1)
ds.model <- ds(tee.data, 4)
plot(ds.model, pl.col="white", border="white", showpoints=FALSE)

R will make a few complaints (about graphical parameters) but this
should work.

Hope this helps!

cheers,
--dave