mrds 2.2.5 and Distance 1.0.3 now on CRAN

David Lawrence Miller

Jul 8, 2021, 12:02:57 PM7/8/21
to distance-sampling
Hi listfolks,

New versions of mrds and Distance are now on CRAN. There are lots of
changes in these new releases which we hope you'll find useful. There
were so many changes I've written a little blog post here:

http://distancesampling.org/blog/2021/07/08/mrds-2.2.5-Distance-1.0.3

which summarises them all.

Thanks again to all on the list who have reported bugs, asked for new
features and have given feedback. We appreciate your time and this
greatly improves the software for everyone.

cheers,
--dave

David Lawrence Miller

Aug 3, 2021, 5:47:46 AM8/3/21
to distance...@googlegroups.com
Hi listfolks,

As a follow-up my my last blog post on changes in mrds and Distance,
I've written another with some more details about changes to the
optimisation procedure and whether you might want to re-run models
you've fitted in previous versions of these R packages.

You can find that here:

http://distancesampling.org/blog/2021/08/01/Further-optimisation-improvement-details

cheers,
--dave