'obs' not found during abund.estim

Kristin Ross

Feb 17, 2021, 8:57:03 PM2/17/21
to distance-sampling
Hi,

I've been running this chunk and getting the following error:
> BRSPBySite <- abundEstim(dfunc=BRSP.dfunc.hn,
+                       detectionData=BRSP,
+                       siteData=SiteData,
+                       bySite=TRUE,  # TRUE here provides site-level estimates
+                       area=10000, ci=NULL)
Error in eval(predvars, data, env) : object 'obs' not found
After looking at Rdocumentation.org I can't determine why this is happening, it seems the 'obs' isn't required for this function?

Eric Rexstad

Feb 18, 2021, 3:34:37 AM2/18/21
to distance...@googlegroups.com

Kristin

I'm afraid the `abundEstim` function is in the Rdistance package.  I don't have much experience with the Rdistance package as it is maintained by West Inc.

If I had to make a guess about the cause of the problem, I might wonder if `obs` is a covariate that you have included in your detection function model but that does not exist in the SideData data frame.

Eric Rexstad
Centre for Ecological and Environmental Modelling
University of St Andrews
St Andrews is a charity registered in Scotland SC013532