Help to begin/Ayuda para iniciar

Rene Zambrano

Feb 18, 2021, 1:26:01 PM2/18/21
to distance-sampling

Hello, everybody.

I would like to begin to use Distance software for estimating the density and size population of crabs in Ecuador. I am reading the material about the software, but it is so difficult understand for me. My mind need talking with someone who is using the software and can teach it the basis around the topic (e.g. sampling, dababase, analysis).

¿Can someone help me by a virtual meeting? My English level is basic (I speak Spanish), but I can follow the procedure with pacience hehehe.

I grateful for your attention.

Best regards

René

Eric Rexstad

Feb 18, 2021, 1:48:51 PM2/18/21
to distance-sampling, Rene Zambrano
Rene

Thanks for joining the list.  You say you've been reading material, but have you had a look at some of the online videos we have prepared?  Have a look at this website that contains both video lectures plus exercises analysing data:

All the solutions are provided on the website, with video descriptions.  The video you can stop and rerun as often as you wish.

Have a look at those materials to get ideas about how the data are set up and how the software works.  If you still have questions, contact me directly.