Default number of comments

Ivan Zuev

Apr 14, 2015, 6:59:13 AM4/14/15
to disqu...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone!
By default, Disqus widget renders 50 comments at once and "Load more comments" button bellow. Thus widget height become too big. Is there any way to make Disqus widget shorter? I can imagine two approaches:
1. Limit number of rendered comments. Is it implementable?
2. Limit height of parent container (max-height: 600px;) and add scrollbar (overflow-y: auto;). But anchors in url (#comment-12345679) don't work in this case (more precisely, it works wrong). Is there any way to fix it?

May be somebody can suggest another workarounds?

Thanks a lot.

Gabriel Fouasnon

Apr 14, 2015, 3:10:19 PM4/14/15
to disqu...@googlegroups.com
Another idea: reveal only the top 600 px of the Disqus iframe. Put a "see more" button at the bottom, and when the user clicks that button, reveal the rest of the iframe. I think I've seen this done on other web sites, not sure though.

Ivan Zuev

Apr 15, 2015, 11:31:03 PM4/15/15
to disqu...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for suggestion, but what about anchors in url? For example if page URL contains '#comment-12345678' widget will scroll to the appropriate comment. But it doesn't work properly when you limit Disqus iframe height.

Gabriel Fouasnon

Apr 16, 2015, 2:19:24 PM4/16/15
to disqu...@googlegroups.com
You can detect when there's a hash in the url and trigger the same click handler that would be called when a user clicks to reveal more of the iframe?