weblog post: The Future Of DiSo

Steve Ivy

Feb 17, 2010, 11:34:02 PM2/17/10
to diso-project
Hi everyone,

I've been thinking a lot lately about the status of our little
project, and what developments in the past year mean for DiSo as a
concept and as a community. I would be appreciative if you would read
it, think about it, and comment either on the post or on the list
here.

http://www.monkinetic.com/2010/02/the-future-of-diso.html

I know I'm not a frequent poster to the list, though I read every
message (and babysit memberships) but DiSo is still something I care
very much about and I hope that shows in my post.

Thanks for all of you and your contributions!!

--Steve

--
Steve Ivy
http://monkinetic.com // http://diso-project.org

Kaliya *

Feb 18, 2010, 3:02:42 AM2/18/10
to diso-p...@googlegroups.com
Hey Steve,

 It is a good post - I share your concern about folks being at big companies & I also know - knowing the folks you list are very committed to moving open standards forward and are leveraging their position in these large companies to do the right thing - making it happen.

 One way to address the issue is for more independent folks to show up in person and participate - I extend an invitation to you and all the 10th Internet Identity Workshop - coming up in May in Mountain View. http://www.internetidentityworkshop.com

 This is a particularly good venue if you are not local to the Bay Area (so can't make the local meetups) and want to connect/work face to face.

 IIW began as a small group in 2005 just 80 of us and now is still small we had 180 at our last workshop.  It is an open forum - where the agenda is creative live and attracts top product managers from all the major social / web platforms (Google, AOL, Yahoo!, Facebook, MySpace, MSN, Apple, Plaxo, PayPal) more enterprise players (SUN, Oracle, MSFT, Boeing, Cisco, Adobe, Equifax, Axiom etc.) and most importantly independent individuals committed to open standards that empower people on the web along with and small startups innovating.

   Because the Agenda is created live at the event it is very current and deals with emerging issue - and the topics are not defined necessarily by the established leaders but by anyone in the community.

  We are committed to accessibility and keep our prices very low - it is $150 for independents and $300 for corporate attendees and this includes 3 meals a day for 3 days.  If prices is still an issue talk to us and we can work something out. :)

  - Kaliya