WebFinger

Stephen Paul Weber

Mar 25, 2010, 2:35:36 PM3/25/10
to DiSo Project, webf...@googlegroups.com

Will Meyer

Mar 25, 2010, 2:56:55 PM3/25/10
to DiSo Project, webf...@googlegroups.com
As far as PHP webfinger client libs, I prototyped something using this
one (credit Pete Warden) at one point:

http://github.com/petewarden/findbyemail/blob/master/webfinger.php

If all you're trying to do is get Links out of a personal XRD from an
email address, its darn simple, you could use this or another one for
any tips while making your own (what I ended up doing).

James Walker

Mar 25, 2010, 3:25:12 PM3/25/10
to diso-p...@googlegroups.com, webf...@googlegroups.com
Hey Stephen,

I spent a little time a few weekends ago trying to abstract a bit of
our OStatus code for discovery to be general purpose. I know Will
Norris had started a php-xrd project as well that's similar (though
based on a much earlier revision of XRD).

http://github.com/walkah/php-discovery

Feedback welcome!

> --

James Walker :: http://walkah.net/

Matthias Pfefferle

Apr 21, 2010, 6:37:12 AM4/21/10
to Diso Project
Hello Stephen,

I am working on three little plugins to add well-known, host-meta and
webfinger support to WordPress... there is still a lot to do, but they
are working fine as they are right now.

* /.well-known/ http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/well-known/
* host-meta http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/host-meta/
* Webfinger http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/webfinger/

Let me know if you have any suggestions or problems

Matthias
http://notizblog.org

On 25 Mrz., 20:35, Stephen Paul Weber <singpol...@singpolyma.net>

Chris Messina

Apr 21, 2010, 11:13:24 AM4/21/10
to diso-p...@googlegroups.com
Does this work if you have your blog hosted in a subdirectory of root?

By definition, I would think not?

Chris
--
Chris Messina
Open Web Advocate, Google

Personal: http://factoryjoe.com
Follow me on Buzz: http://buzz.google.com/chrismessina
...or Twitter: http://twitter.com/chrismessina

This email is:   [ ] shareable    [X] ask first   [ ] private

Matthias Pfefferle

Apr 21, 2010, 11:56:47 AM4/21/10
to Diso Project
Hello Chris,

This doesn't work yet, because the plugins are build upon the normal
wordpress-mod-rewrite - system... but perhaps there is a way to work
around that problem by creating a .htaccess-file or the needed files
and folders through WordPress.

I will try to implement some alternatives to also support
subdirectories and systems without mod_rewrite.

Matthias

On 21 Apr., 17:13, Chris Messina <chris.mess...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Does this work if you have your blog hosted in a subdirectory of root?
>
> By definition, I would think not?
>
> Chris
>
> On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 3:37 AM, Matthias Pfefferle <pfeffe...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > Hello Stephen,
>
> > I am working on three little plugins to add well-known, host-meta and
> > webfinger support to WordPress... there is still a lot to do, but they
> > are working fine as they are right now.
>
> > * /.well-known/http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/well-known/
> > * host-metahttp://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/host-meta/
> > * Webfingerhttp://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/webfinger/
> > diso-project...@googlegroups.com<diso-project%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>
> > .

Chris Messina

Apr 21, 2010, 1:07:20 PM4/21/10
to diso-p...@googlegroups.com
In any case, I'm excited that you've start work on these!

Chris

Matthias Pfefferle

Apr 21, 2010, 1:24:50 PM4/21/10
to Diso Project
Thanks :)

I have found a very simple solution that should work without changing
anything on the plugin:

You simply have to create a .htaccess file in your domain-root with
the following source:

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^.well-known/(.*)$ http://factoryjoe.com/blog/?well-known=$1
[QSA]
</IfModule>

Be shure to install all three plugins :)

...by the way, I also wrote a small plugin to add activitystream-
support to the wordpress' default atom-feeds:
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/activitystream-extension/