IIW new focus + early bird pricing ends this week

Kaliya

Oct 4, 2010, 12:32:33 PM10/4/10
to Diso Project
Hi Disoers :)

I am writing to let you all know that IIW is just 4 weeks away
November 2-4 in Mountain View! http://www.internetidentityworkshop.com

Early bird pricing ends on Thursday October 7th at midnight (http://
iiw11.eventbrite.com).

We listened to feedback from IIW attendees who missed the space it
created to innovate and get work done - we agree with you. Phil
Windley wrote a post about the shift in September during IIW-East in
DC. http://www.windley.com/archives/2010/09/changes_for_iiw.shtml

We can stand still and serve as a workshop for introducing newbies to
Internet identity or we can move forward as the conversation shifts to
the interesting questions that Internet identity brings up. We’re
choosing the later path. IIW can’t serve both groups effectively and
ultimately we’re rather be a smaller workshop closer to the “get your
hands dirty” attitude that has characterized IIW from the start.

With this we have articulated 6 themes for the conference:
* The Federated Social Web
* The Personal Data Ecosystem (Personal Data Stores, Banks, Exchanges,
Services)
* User-Centric Identity applied (OpenID, OAuth, XRD, SAML, InfoCards,
etc.)
* Vendor Relationship Management
* Active Clients (tools in the browser and other clients)
* Identity in the Cloud

Personally I have been quiet this summer as my father was ill for 3
months and then passed away at the end of August. This meant I was
less engaged in this and other communities then I would have
otherwise. I have collaborated with Markus, Joseph and Joe on the
Personal Data Store Project that just became Project Nori
http://www.projectnori.com.

This past month I have been working on the Personal Data Ecosystem
http://www.personaldataecosystem.org The goal is to bring together
the community of projects, companies, NGO's and people working on the
Personal Data Ecosystem and have launched a site to share and
coordinate activity in that space.
Wondering what IIW is like - one good place to look is at the notes
from the sessions - http://iiw.idcommons.net/Notes_IIW10

You can see who is signed up so far on the registration page -
http://iiw11.eventbrite.com

I am off to London today to run our first ever IIW outside of North
America.

I look forward to seeing many of you at the event.

Regards,

-Kaliya

http://www.identitywoman.net

ps. Apologies for the cross posting it is a hazard when sharing the
event with communities with significant overlap.