usage of rimax command.

Manuel Abarca

Jul 5, 2022, 7:33:57 PM7/5/22
to dislin-users
I am trying to "capture" the image from a xwin window, in Dislin. I have created a file with the command rimage.
But. What is the graphic file format ?. See the imagen_dislin file in attach.
I am running Dislin on a32 bit machine, windows 10 OS.
Can I open the file created by rimage with a graphic editor software ?

imagen_dislin

Helmut Michels

Jul 6, 2022, 6:59:41 AM7/6/22
to dislin-users
Hi,

The routine rimage makes a direct copy of the graphics in memory to a file. The format
is system dependent. It's for example different for Windows and X11 systems and for
8-, 24-, or 32-bit colour modes. The routine was originally written for a fast image replay
on the same system without any conversions.

I would suggest to use one of the routines rpng, rtiff, rgif or rbmp  to copy the graphics
in a window to a known graphics format.

With best regards,

Helmut