Does something override LABDIG ?

David Armour

Nov 30, 2022, 11:42:18 PM11/30/22
to dislin-users
Hi,

I am using LABDIG to set the number of decimal places after the point for the Y axis. No matter what I do I am only getting one decimal place.

I tried

labdig(-2, "y");
labdig(2, "y");
labdig(3, "y");

all return only 1 decimal place.

I am using the "discpp.h" header.

... and this version:

**  Date   :   15.03.2021                                         **
**  Version:   11.4 / Windows 64-bit,  Visual C++                 **

I am wondering if something can possibly override the LABDIG call.

Rgds,
David

David Armour

Nov 30, 2022, 11:58:16 PM11/30/22
to dislin-users
FYI - just upgraded to 11.5 but have the same problem.

David Armour

Dec 1, 2022, 4:08:18 AM12/1/22
to dislin-users
I resolved the problem by moving the LABDIG call before the GRAF call.

However, the documentation states that LABDIG can be called at level 1, 2, or 3.  It seems it has to be called at level 1.

Helmut Michels

Dec 1, 2022, 4:15:36 AM12/1/22
to dislin-users
Hi,

labdig must be called before the graf routine. Please, check this. Another reason may be
that you are using automatic axis scaling with the routine setscl. For that case, the number
of digits after the decimal point is also calculated automatically in labels.

With best regards,

Helmut

Helmut Michels

Dec 1, 2022, 5:46:09 AM12/1/22
to dislin-users
Hi,

LABDIG can also be used for labels in contours, bar graphs and pie charts, where it is not necessary
to call it in level 1. Generally, a parameter setting routine should be called befor the plotting routine,
where the parameter is used. Otherwise, it has no effect.

With best regards,

Helmut