Dislin's capabilities for creating a graphical interface

Alex Tuchin

Apr 19, 2024, 2:32:48 PMApr 19
to dislin-users
Hi!

I need to implement an interface similar to the one shown in the attached files (customer requirements, WindowsForms, C#). I did not find in the description of widgets (section 15) the possibility of creating arrays of rotating elements, checkboxes and radio buttons. Please tell me, does Dislin have the ability to create the interface shown in the attached screenshots, or is this impossible and another library with a large set of widgets, such as QT or GTK+, is needed? I really like Dislin for its openness, the ability to create programs for different operating systems in C++ and C, but the question arises whether it is possible to use it to create a modern graphical interface.

Alex
Tab1.png
Tab3.png
Tab.png
Tab2.png

Helmut Michels

Apr 22, 2024, 4:03:34 AMApr 22
to dislin-users
Hi Alex,

Dislin is a plotting library with some basic widget functionality. The widgets are based on Motif, Windows GDI and
macOS Cocoa. Each interface has it's own look and feeling, and problems. If you need the exact copy of something,
Dislin is the wrong tool. It cannot compete with packages such as GTK and Qt. Groups with rotated widgets are
not supported.

With best regards,

Helmut

Alex Tuchin