File writing error reporting

maxg...@gmail.com

Oct 16, 2022, 3:20:26 PM10/16/22
to dislin-users
Dear Helmut,

I'm writing a library to use dislin with wxWidgets. Basically in writing the plot stored in memory in a DC context of a wxPanel. I'm also using a popup- menu for saving the image.

For saving I'm just using dislin but, intead of using VIRT, I set a file format with METAFL and file name with SETFIL.

Basically it works, the file is written (my guess just after DISFIN).

I'm wondering how to manage the case of file writing error (for any reasons). DISFIN is not returning a value and I have no stderr or stdout.

Is there a way to get the result of the file writing operation? Or in general is it possible to call a function like GetLastErrorMessage() to get the errors/warning in GUI application?

Thank you in advance

Max

Helmut Michels

Oct 17, 2022, 11:08:24 AM10/17/22
to dislin-users
Hi,

there is no function in DISLIN for getting the last error. If an error happened a warning or error message
is written by DISLIN. In a GUI program this would be  a message box with the error. I found it more
user friendly if a program doesn't need to handle error codes or return values, but I will think about
such a function.

Regards,

Helmut