Double precision with intel fortran compiler in windows

Shahid Maqbool

Nov 15, 2022, 2:46:24 AM11/15/22
to dislin-users
Hi all,

I have downloaded in D and installed dislin in C disk in directory.

dislin_intel

install.PNG

(Directory named dislin have installed dislin for gfortran)

I have run the examples and they work fine. I have noticed one
thing

using the command

f90link -a exa_f90

shows the output of the curve

but the command window shows

command.PNG

It seems like i am running gfortran from the intel command prompt !

Did my example work by calling gfortran rather than intel fortran here?
Though the readme shows the same script for both compilers

Double precision compilation

Using the command
ifort -c dislin.f90
double_precision_compilation.PNG

seems like it is compiled.

but to run it with the command

ifort heat.f90 -o heat -Ic:\dislin_intel\ifc\real64  c:\dislin_intel\disifl_d.lib -luser32 -lgdi32  -lopengl32

I am getting a lot of errors

db_errors.PNG

so how to deal with double prcision here?

Best regards
Shahid

Helmut Michels

Nov 15, 2022, 5:26:11 AM11/15/22
to dislin-users
Dear Shahid,

each compiler has it's own linking script in Dislin. For example, the script gf95link
corresponds to gfortran and if90link to Intel Fortran, but the setup program of Dislin
makes a copy of the linking script to f90link. So, you will have different versions of
f90link in the directories c:\dislin\win and c:\dislin_intel\win. It depends on your PATH
environment, which version of f90link is executed. To avoid a confusion you can use
the original names gf95link and if90link, or use f90link with the complete path.

The undefined symbols are GDI functions. Please try the command:

ifort heat.f90 -o head -Ic:\dislin_intel\ifc\real64 c:\dislin_intel\disifl_d.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib opengl32.lib

for the Intel compiler.

With best regards,

Helmut

Shahid Maqbool

Nov 15, 2022, 11:46:46 PM11/15/22
to dislin-users
Dear Helmut,

Thanks for the details. It is working great now.

Regards
Shahid