Help requested with international survey on support for students with disabilities

HelenP

Jun 23, 2007, 7:19:49 PM6/23/07
to Disabled International Students in UK Universities
Hi everyone,

I'm a lecturer and researcher at the University of York. I'm currently
involved in an international project (EU4All, see www.eu4all-project.eu)
which is investigating how to use the potential of virtual learning
environments to better support students with disabilities and mature
students (although we are well aware that these systems currently have
big accessibility problems at the moment).

In order to understand the problems that students currently have, we
have developed a online survey. It is quite a long survey, it will
take up to 40 minutes to complete (the clever software does at least
allow you to do some and come back later if you wish). Because it is
quite an effort, we are going to hold a prize draw with 10 x £10
Amazon gift vouchers amongst all respondents. We are particularly keen
to hear about the experiences of international students, so we would
be particularly happy if people on this group could do the survey.

The survey can be accessed from the following web page:
http://www.cs.york.ac.uk/hci/eu4all/survey/index.htm

It has been extensively tested for accessibility, so it should work
well with screen readers and magnification programs.

Many thanks for your help with this. If you have any questions about
our project, do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours,

Helen Petrie
Professor of Human Computer Interaction
Department of Computer Science