Re: [pik] Pik executable does not install

Luis Lavena

Jul 23, 2013, 9:42:24 AM7/23/13
to discu...@googlegroups.com

Hello, you selected AppData as the installation directory, but that directory is not in the path.

please install pik into a directory that is in the path.

Sorry for top posting. Sent from mobile.

On Jul 23, 2013 10:37 AM, "Jasmina Xie" <jasmi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I installed pik using rubygems and tried to run the 'pik_install' script to install the executable but it doesn't work. I'm not sure what my path is so I don't know if I'm running the executable in the wrong place. I'm using PowerShell in Windows 7. Screenshot attached.

Thanks in advance!

Luis Lavena

Jul 24, 2013, 12:18:38 PM7/24/13
to discu...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 1:10 PM, Jasmina Xie <jasmi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Sorry, I'm very new at this. Which directory is in the path? Can you give me an example please?

For somethign to be executable (called), needs to be in the PATH, which is an environment variable that holds a list of directories where the command shell will look for executables.

AppData is a directory inside your user folder but is not in the PATH, you need to tweak your environment so a certain directory (let's call it Tools) is in the PATH.

You can add something to the PATH locally for your sessions/command prompt (by using "SET PATH") or permanently by editing the Registry/System properties.