need help in using pik on windows 7

Faruq

May 5, 2011, 6:03:27 AM5/5/11
to discu...@googlegroups.com
Hello group, i have a question. How can i change the ruby version in windows? Yes (sounds like a dumb question? sorry).

Im running on windows 7. I installed ruby-1.8.7-p334 then ruby-1.9.2-p180. On both installation i choose to associate it with .rb and include in the PATH.

Then it just like the screenshot. Can someone help me? Im not just asking question, i already read and search but cant find any clue. If you have an answer, please write to me or provide me the link.

Thank you so much..
pik-problem.jpg

Shane Emmons

May 5, 2011, 7:13:37 AM5/5/11
to discu...@googlegroups.com
To use 1.9.2-p180 type
  pik use 1.9.2-p180
or
  pik 1.9.2-p180

If you want to make it default type
  pik use 1.9.2-p180 --default

Then you can just type
  pik default

- shane

Faruq

May 5, 2011, 7:42:33 AM5/5/11
to discu...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much for your fast respond, i really appreciate it. But... (refer to attachment)
pik-problem-2.jpg

Shane Emmons

May 5, 2011, 8:48:11 AM5/5/11
to discu...@googlegroups.com
Which version of pik are you using? I believe the commands I gave you should work on 0.3.0.pre, but I'm not sure they'll work on 0.2.8.

- shane

On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 7:42 AM, Faruq <teuku...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thank you very much for your fast respond, i really appreciate it. But... (refer to attachment)

Thibaut Barrère

May 30, 2011, 9:23:25 AM5/30/11
to pik help and suggestions
I just got a very similar problem on Windows 7 32 bits. "pik use"
doesn't make ruby available:

C:\pik>pik list
ruby-1.8.7-p330

C:\pik>pik use ruby-1.8.7-p330

C:\pik>ruby -v
'ruby' n'est pas reconnu en tant que commande interne
ou externe, un programme exécutable ou un fichier de commandes.

As well, I believe the c:\pik path wasn't added by the installer (I
added it myself).

hth,

-- Thibaut

Thibaut Barrère

May 30, 2011, 9:15:40 AM5/30/11
to pik help and suggestions
> Which version of pik are you using? I believe the commands I gave you should
> work on 0.3.0.pre, but I'm not sure they'll work on 0.2.8.

I just installed 0.3.0.pre via the msi on a Windows 7 32 bits which
doesn't have Ruby installed, and doing use just does nothing - no ruby
is in the path afterward:

C:\pik>pik list
ruby-1.8.7-p330

C:\pik>pik use ruby-1.8.7-p330

C:\pik>ruby -v
'ruby' n'est pas reconnu en tant que commande interne
ou externe, un programme exécutable ou un fichier de commandes.

-- Thibaut
Message has been deleted