updated packages.yml

Shane Emmons

Jan 25, 2011, 8:53:20 AM1/25/11
to discu...@googlegroups.com
Here's a link to an updated packages.yml that works better with your new `use` syntax.

Gordon Thiesfeld

Jan 25, 2011, 9:20:08 AM1/25/11
to discu...@googlegroups.com

Hey Shane,

This isn't going to work the way we need it to. We're aiming for RVM
API compatibility. pik use is supposed to work like rvm use[1][2].
MRI is the default interpreter, so you can use it without the
interpreter name, all others need to have the interpreter name, and
optionally the version number. So, for instance jruby, the default
is jruby[-1.5.6], so you can get to it with `pik use jruby`, all other
versions of jruby need the patchlevel at the end.

Switching versions should become smoother with the alias[3] command I
added last night[4].

[1] http://rvm.beginrescueend.com/interpreters/
[2] https://github.com/wayneeseguin/rvm/blob/master/config/known
[3] http://rvm.beginrescueend.com/rubies/alias/
[4] https://github.com/vertiginous/pik/issues#issue/85

> --

Gordon Thiesfeld
http://vert.igino.us

Shane Emmons

Jan 25, 2011, 9:22:01 AM1/25/11
to discu...@googlegroups.com
Ahh, then my pull request I sent might not be what you're looking for either.

--
Shane Emmons

Gordon Thiesfeld

Jan 25, 2011, 11:42:45 AM1/25/11
to discu...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 8:22 AM, Shane Emmons <semm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ahh, then my pull request I sent might not be what you're looking for
> either.
> --
> Shane Emmons

Unfortunately not. If you're still looking to help out, this is the
list of issues I'm hoping to get corrected before 0.3.0.

https://github.com/vertiginous/pik/issues#issue/86
https://github.com/vertiginous/pik/issues#issue/90
https://github.com/vertiginous/pik/issues#issue/91
https://github.com/vertiginous/pik/issues#issue/94

If none of those interest you, these two are on my wish list ;-)

https://github.com/vertiginous/pik/issues#issue/92
https://github.com/vertiginous/pik/issues#issue/16