PSA: Plan B should throw in M96 Beta and Stable

Henrik Boström

Oct 15, 2021, 5:57:54 AM10/15/21
to discuss-webrtc

Attempts to create an RTCPeerConnection using the non-standard SDP format, Plan B, have been throwing an exception in Canary since M93. See also February PSA and July PSA.

In M96, which goes to Beta on 21 October 2021, Plan B will start to throw in Beta as well. We will continue to evaluate the results, but you should expect that it will also throw in Stable. M96 is scheduled to go to Stable on 16 November 2021.

Note that the Deprecation Trial, which if enabled for your website makes Plan B not throw, will continue to work on all channels until its End Date: 29 December 2021.

Henrik Boström

Nov 22, 2021, 4:50:35 AM11/22/21
to discuss-webrtc
Update: Plan B will indeed throw in M96 Stable, but we have also extended the End Date of the Deprecation Trial,  see recent PSA.

Henrik Boström

Dec 9, 2021, 7:15:37 AM12/9/21
to discuss-webrtc
Update: Plan B is throwing an exception on M96 Stable and this behavior is now ENABLED_BY_DEFAULT on tip of tree.