How to disable audio and video sync in chrome recive side

Jeffrey

Aug 4, 2021, 8:08:00 AM8/4/21
to discuss-webrtc
hi all i want to  disable audio and video sync in chrome receive side , Does anyone know how to do that?

Chema Gonzalez

Aug 7, 2021, 7:58:07 AM8/7/21
to discuss-webrtc
This is an interesting question. I assume you mean using some JS API. I don't know how to do this, but I'd interested in knowing too.

If you have access to the native code (and can build your own chromium version), then you can remove the a/v sync calls. More concretely, remove calls to:

```
  syncable_audio_->SetMinimumPlayoutDelay(target_audio_delay_ms);
  syncable_video_->SetMinimumPlayoutDelay(target_video_delay_ms);
```

if using `video/rtp_streams_synchronizer.cc`, or similarly if using `video/rtp_streams_synchronizer2.cc`.

On the topic, does anybody know why the a/v sync native code is duplicated?

Thanks,
-Chema

Tao Meme

Aug 8, 2021, 9:56:43 PM8/8/21
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
It's easy to do this.

if you create both audio and video track on same STREAM, Synchronization is inevitable.

But if you create two different STREAM, adding video and audio track separately, there will no  Synchronization. What a smart idea!

Chema Gonzalez <che...@gmail.com> 于2021年8月7日周六 下午7:58写道:
--

---

Jeffrey

Aug 8, 2021, 11:57:56 PM8/8/21
to discuss-webrtc
Thanks all
Chrome i can not  access to the native code ,i'll try  meem's solution

Robert Ayrapetyan

Oct 16, 2023, 3:07:05 AM10/16/23
to discuss-webrtc
Could you clarify:

> But if you create two different STREAM, adding video and audio track separately, there will no  Synchronization.

I have two streams (I believe they are different because they have different SSRC values). They are still being synchronized inside the RtpStreamsSynchronizer::UpdateDelay() (that is, video frames rendering is being delayed in case audio stream has playout/jitterbuffer delays and vice-versa).
Is your statement false, or do I misunderstand the meaning of "stream"?