OverconstrainedError in getUserMedia on iOS 17 with Default Video Track Request

Matias Lopez

Nov 21, 2023, 6:35:03 PM11/21/23
to discuss-webrtc
Hi everyone!

Someone is having the same problem?

Matias Lopez

Nov 21, 2023, 6:39:07 PM11/21/23
to discuss-webrtc
I tried almost all video API vendors like Twilio, Vonage, Daily, Agora, etc. on different iOS versions from 17, but all of them can't access the camera throwing the OverconstrainedError:

navigator.mediaDevices.getUserMedia({ audio: true, video: true })

Philipp Hancke

Nov 21, 2023, 11:42:03 PM11/21/23
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
works for me on a iPhone SE with 17.1.1 both on
as well as
so maybe this is device specific?

Are you holding it wrong? width/height constraints might be interpreted relative to the device rotation so I am not joking.
iPhone's are notorious about that ;-)

--
This list falls under the WebRTC Code of Conduct - https://webrtc.org/support/code-of-conduct.
---